Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Last Night's Progress, Things I Want to Fix

Last night I had six beers and two whiskeys.  That's seven drinks and that was the plan because it is roughly one less than my highly estimated daily average.  However, whiskey is not a good choice here because of the tendency to over-pour.  I didn't measure shots.  And I felt just as awful today as ever (not 7/8 as awful), so I'm not sure too much progress was made in last night's consumption amount so much as today's disclosure.  This is the only forum where I'm sharing this information but at least it's a forum that's outside of my own head.  Technically, anyway.  The fact that no one reads it I suppose makes it still inside my head but the knowledge that anyone could read it at any time makes it feel like it's outside of my head.

Anyway, tonight the goal is six.  That'll be easier I think because beer comes in convenient packs of six or some multiple thereof.

I have a more detailed post in mind about how all the physical problems I am experiencing, which seem to be separate and different are really one extended problem in my opinion.  Or rather they all bloom out of one common root.  So here I'll just list them.  I believe everything I'm about to list comes primarily from alcohol abuse.
  • bloated stomach
  • internal (visceral) belly fat
  • all manner of digestive issues from start to finish, including acid reflux, unhappy stomach, IBS type of stuff, frequency of going, infrequency of going, likely leaky gut
  • borderline or high blood pressure
  • nearly constant allergy symptoms, such as itchy and watery eyes, scratchy throat, sneezing, plugged nose
  • fluid in the ears
  • asthma and wheezing
  • cough
  • mild arthritis
  • mild depression
  • moodiness and temper
I'm 51 years old.  I'm about 6 feet tall and 186 pounds.  I work out every day and am strong with a good amount of muscle mass.  I look like a slim and athletic person in most places.  My pants waist is 33 and that's a bit loose.  So that's pretty good. But it's the part that's a few inches above the waist that is the problem.  The spot where the top button of a two-button blazer or suit coat hits.  That's the protruding problem.  Everything bad is happening behind there.  That's where the fat is being laid down, the blood pressure is going up, the acid is rising, the airways are constricting, and the future lower digestive distress is forming.

I'd like to be 170 lbs with a flat happy stomach.  As I said my pants waist size is 33".  I just measured and that's what I measure just at the top of the pelvis.  But the spot a couple inches above the belly button is 39".  Wow.   It's very uncomfortable to put my shoes on. That, my friends, is bad.  

No comments:

Post a Comment