Friday, April 28, 2017

Whole 30 Challenge, Days 3 and 4

On Day 3 I started to feel a lot better, physically, than I have in a long time.  I'll lay off the extreme detail, but on this day I had a burger with portobello mushroom "bun", Trader Joe's grass-fed uncured hot dogs, sauerkraut, fried eggs, turkey, cooked carrots and leeks, green beans, and lots of sparkling water.

On Day 4 I started to move from wondering how many days I have left of this to wondering how much better I'm going to feel tomorrow.

Weight:  191.8 lbs
Waist:  33"
Mid-Belly:  I'll get back to you on this.  For this measure, I have devised the girth-o-meter.  It is a string that goes around the girth at mid-belly (about 3 inches above belly button).  On the first day I tied a knot in the string where the other side met it.  Today, I'm farther in.  This is my most salient measure and my most hopeful outcome so far.

on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being horrible and 5 being perfect

Digestion:  1.9
Allergies: 2
Asthma: 1.4 (hitting the inhaler at noticeably less often and when symptoms come on they usually clear by themselves.  This is really fantastic.)
Mood:  3.3
Arthritis / Joint Stiffness:  3.5
Alcoholic Drinks Last Night:  0

7:00 - Black Coffee
9:30 - Green and Dandelion Tea
12:00 - Turkey, green beans, cooked carrots and leeks, 2 boiled eggs, avocado
Later afternoon and evening:  blackberries, apple, blueberries, sunflower seeds, salmon with sauerkraut, deviled eggs, sparkling water

No comments:

Post a Comment