Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Leg Day

Each day is its own.  In an attempt to avoid yet another regrettable trip down the rabbit hole (toward body-part split) and then the inevitable self correction (back to full body) I give myself a break.  I realize I do this because I want to do more and get stronger and this is the only way.  There is no set-it-and-forget-it.  Each day is a new day; do something new!

With plenty of upper body light sets included, today I tried to do a "leg" day as close to that of the Old School (Golden Age) 70s Bodybuilders as I could get using body-weight only.

Squats:  25
Squats with 30 second pause on first rep:  20
Squats with 1 minute pause on first rep:  15
Split squat (back foot resting on floor):  12
Split squat (back foot off floor):  10
Assisted pistol squat:  8 x 2
Sissy squat:  10 x 2
One leg straight leg dead-lift:  10 x 2
Deep half squats:  30
Calf raises:  40 x 2

No comments:

Post a Comment