Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Revisiting Bodyweight Calisthenics and Serious Doubts About "Steak" and Egg Diet

Weigh In:  193 lbs - 2 down from yesterday.

I haven't done body-weight only whole body for a long time and that's what I used to do exclusively.  I miss it. I want to see where I stand after all this weight-lifting.

Body-weight squats:  40 (on tired legs)
Russian push-ups:  30

Some time later...
Dips:  18
Pull-ups:  10
Assisted pistol squats:  6 on each tired leg from doing legs yesterday

Very happy with this so far.  These are the standards I was regularly doing before the weightlifting and my form was good.  Could have done more.  I would like to get back to building upon this.

I am realizing that there are three some problems with the "Steak" and Eggs diet.  First, it's horribly painful.  I don't think I can handle another meal.  This is for young, obsessed people.  Second, I don't think it's a good way from someone like me to lose weight.  By "someone like me" I mean someone who is naturally more slim than not and doesn't store a lot of body fat easily.  I really think the fluctuations I've seen are entirely in water weight and not in body composition.  Third, it's antithetical to an approach that could become permanent.

You've got to be realistic with what you eat.  You have to live in the real world and not overthink your diet.  I don't think you can vilify entire macro-nutrient groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment