Monday, February 13, 2017

Starting Week 2 of "Steak" and Eggs Diet - Leg Day

Weigh-In
195 lbs.  That means I gained back 4 of the 5 pounds I lost last week.  And yes, I still realize this is probably all water.

This weekend was a horrible free-for-all.  I'm not sure 51 year olds get to do "cheat days".  I ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.  I never ate before noon but did have a lot of junk and beer.  I was on the road the whole weekend and it was very stressful.  I managed a very quick chest/back workout on Saturday and a pretty good single-super-set arms yesterday.

Leg Day:
Bulgarian Split Squat - body-weight x 16, 20 lb dumbbell x 12, 30 lb dumbbell x 8
Calf raises

I'll stop posting my beverages because it's always the same:  coffee, tea and water.

Today's lunch is sausage links, roast beef, and 4 fried eggs.  One of my goals before end of week is to actually eat steak at least once on the steak and eggs diet.

I am going to give the "steak" and eggs diet one more week and then move on.  I think I will be doing two week samples of various diets to see which one feels the best and gives the best results.  So far I know that's NOT going to be the steak and eggs diet.  This is rough.

I think a big part of my problem is that I read about these diets and workout plans with the eyes of a young person.  I need to realize that most of the people whose videos I watch and articles I read are at LEAST 20 years younger than me.  I am starting to understand that most of these drastic things are for people who can adapt quickly.

I am pretty sure the best plan in the end will be one of moderation.  Boring!

So I just don't think (at this early juncture) that extremes like cheat days and total elimination of one macro-nutrient group are advisable for anyone older than, say, 35.

But I'll keep at it so I know for sure.

I would vow to only watch workout and diet videos at read articles by extremely fit people 50 and older, but there are precious few of those people!  THAT'S the problem I'm trying to fix here.

Two other ideas I have for two-week diet trials:  one-meal-a-day fast every day and eat whatever I want for dinner, and the Whole30(5/7) (Whole 30 week days, weekend free for all.)  I'm also thinking about a variant of eat-stop-eat and also the "bro" diet.  The former would be "normal" eating most days with one or two 24-hour fasts per week.  The latter would be frequent eating, so I'm not too excited about going there.

No comments:

Post a Comment